Careers in Music
Believe it or not, degrees in the liberal arts can actually make it easier to land a job. Each major within the School of Arts & Sciences carries with it a unique list of skill sets that more and more employers are saying they want. Across industries, employers look for a combination of skills, interests and values that match their own.
Prepared for Anything
Forget about scrolling through a list of careers music majors pursue. There are no rules. If you choose a major you're passionate about, you are much more likely to discover and develop your own personal skills, interests and values that ultimately will help you find a rewarding profession.
Skills You Will Gain as a Music Major
- Assessing an audience - concentration and listening skills
- Considering historical perspectives
- Working toward long-range goals
- Taking multiple approaches to problems
- Understanding group dynamics
- Stage poise
- Comparing interpretations
- Developing fine aural discrimination skills
- Lifelong appreciation of music